everydaysparks

Stuff I see, which you might not.

Lashes of style

on May 6, 2012

Apparently, I’m lucky to have nice, long eyelashes. I guess it’s luckier than short, stumpy eyelashes, but I can’t be sure. Although I do know that a lot of women spend a lot of money on mascara that promises to fatten their eyelashes, give their eyelashes volume, or enable their eyelashes to sing and dance. I’ve never worn it as I worry that it looks like I have long legged spiders sitting on my eyes. But then I saw these – goodbye spiders, hello birds or scorpions or fish!

Yes, these are fake eyelashes. MADE OF PAPER. Apparently “inspired by the Chinese art of paper-cutting”, these Paperself eyelashes “blend an element of traditional culture with contemporary design”. And then add a whole heap of creepy. The lashes are reusable (you just re-glue them, as with any craft project) and are available in full-width or half-width, depending on just how scary you want to look.

So, if you’re inspired and want to jazz up your look for a special occasion – and I’m going out on a limb to say these beauties will work for both girls and boys – then consider whacking a paper insect, bird or undersea wonderland on to your eyes. Nothing says I’m serious about this promotion like a scorpion tail on the corner of your eyelid. Or stamp your authority – I’m here from the UN to sort out this crisis – with the deer and butterfly set. Or for someone in a serious profession (dentist, accountant, politician), there’s a clown set. And I know that I’d trust a scalpel-weilding surgeon much more if they were sporting these undersea lashes.

Something for pretty much everyone, then! You can snap ’em up at the Urbanities website here.

Advertisements

12 responses to “Lashes of style

1. That looks hard to wear! It can be interesting, I guess, depending on the occasion.

• Cate says:

I agree! I am not sure how many times you would be able to blink without them getting caught up, but they are definitely a conversation starter! πŸ™‚

2. Sparks, see – now you’re just showing off. I am of the ‘short, stumpy eyelashes’ brigade (Mecca makes a lot of money out of me with my favourite Kevyn Aucoin mascara). I’m doubley-damned, too – I wear glasses (not as often as I should, but still…) so, any sort of eyelash extension, let alone these beauties, would simply be impractical.

• Cate says:

So they’re not right for us, TSL, but I say one day we go for it anyway – you ditch the glasses & I’ll put my fear of mascara aside and we will paper our lashes and take on the world. Or, at the very least, scare some people! πŸ™‚

• In for a penny, in for a pound… (is that what they say?) Maybe, when Birdcage, you, me and any other Sydney bloggers we like get together for that drink (or 7)?

• Cate says:

Yep, I’ll be the one with the scorpions on my eyes! πŸ˜‰

• Hmmm… I cannot even cope with mascara, I end up looking like I have gone a couple of rounds with Mike Tyson… but hey you never know this could be the answer I have been looking for…. having said that the last time I tried fake eyelashes I seem to remember I ended up with my eyelids sticking together every time I blinked….

• Cate says:

At least with these, I guess you can bring out the scissors and snip ’em off when they get too entangled! πŸ™‚

3. These are so amazingly gorgeous! Maybe not for everyday, but for a really special occasion this could truly turn heads!

• Cate says:

They are pretty amazing! I’m not sure how they’d feel to wear, but would definitely make you stand out from the crowd! πŸ™‚

4. Natasha Khan says:

I would be very worried about paper cuts! I hope you like my alias today Cate.

Enough about me, what do YOU think?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s